Hemstock Design has applied at truly turn-key approach for this project, providing CIMGRO with a comprehensive service. This means we have so far taken this project from a blank slate to a worked through concept, and we continue onwards towards detailed design and execution.
Of course, leading the design of a scheme as large as this is not simply an exercise in spatial arrangement, not is it a primarily the execution of a commercial equation. The vision for Maraiko Bay is to create a vibrant, modern, sustainable, and self-sustaining community – Maraiko Bay should be a wonderful place to live and thrive…
The development is set to have a have a transformative affect on Guyana. Improving economic prospects in the South American nation are already attracting international interest, as well as drawing well-qualified Guyanese back to the country from overseas. Such an international inflow of people comes with expectations for a high standard of living; Maraiko Bay leads the way in meeting this rapidly growing need.
“Almost 2000 villas from family to presidential size, 1000 prestige condominiums, hotel, leisure club, health spa, bars, cafe, restaurants, retail & enterainment spaces, hospital, international school, 18 hole golf course with academy, 200+ berth marina and much more!”
Spilt over several phases, the resort township development promises everything require for a healthy community to thrive:
- Modern, comfortable and low-energy housing,
- Neighbourhoods designed as community spaces,
- With attention paid to minimising motorised traffic and maximising green spaces,
- Spacious and self-contained condominium apartment complexes,
- A world-class golf club and academy with an 18 hole course designed by David Hemstock,
- An international school with comprehensive teaching facilities,
- Medical centres and a fully equipped hospital,
- Sports and leisure club with spa and wellness facilities,
- Exciting retail malls, with a variety of restaurants, cafes, and bars,
- The country’s first marina with over 230 berths,
- A marina-side luxury hotel with comprehensive facilities, including a conference centre,
- Vibrant mixed-use development area,
- An expansive sea-front and boulevard along the Atlantic Coast,
- Prime commercial and business provisions,
- An extensive network of cycling and walking paths through green corridors,
- Nature reserve areas along the Mahaica River,
- Renewable power generation and ecological waste treatment
This project is an amazing opportunity for us to take our turn-key approach to the next level. Underlying this is a high-level of strategic understanding that has allowed us to inter-connect with other essential aspects of this major project. Our strategic mindset and ability to work across disciplines has allowed us to ensure consistency and quality beyond the masterplan and into branding, marketing and promotion.
Guyana is going places! With oil revenue flowing from the end of 2019, the country is set for a period of rapid development, and with a stable political situation in place, a steady, warm, hurricane-free tropical climate, English-speaking with Spanish and Portuguese a strong influence, this is the perfect new Caribbean-South American place to invest!