The Stroud Cricket Club was founded by George Poulett Scroupe in 1850. After moving around the Stroud district for many years, SCC finally settled at Farmhill in the 1880s, where it remained until September 2010 when the ground was sold to Newland Homes for development. This enabled the club to purchase extensive new grounds, improved facilities, and also secured the Club’s financial future.
A cricket academy on a new plot of previously riverside grazing land in 2011. Hemstock Design designed the two cricket ground areas, senior and junior, with international-standard squares and a full range of practice facilities, with the set-up aiming to become a top academy in the region.
Hemstock Design helps the club to have their first game within 6 months of construction, placing an experienced groundsman on the site to bring-on the squares as quickly as possible for play.
The Club now has the ‘Club Mark’ accreditation, and is ‘TOP 30’ Club in the West of England Cricket structure, playing in 2019 in the West of England Premier Cricket League